The last rooms on the second floor display a selection of works acquired by Asti Muncipal Council from 1949, the year of the Mostra Nazionale d’Arte Contemporanea e di Scenografia and the Mostra dell’Incisione.
Works include a sculpture by Mirko Basaldella, paintings by Afro (Composition, 1949), Mattia Moreni (Construction, 1949), Piero Martina (Composition, 1948), and Atanasio Soldati (Composition, 1948). The works of Arturo Carmassi, Carlo Levi, Luigi Spazzapan (Flowers), and Renzo Vespignani (Execution Shooting, 1950) came to the museum via the first Premio Alfieri prize for theatre and figurative arts. The second Premio Alfieri was dedicated to portraiture and brought works by Carlo Quaglia, Luigi Servolini (Maestro Pietro Mascagni), and Domenico Buratti.
There are also sculptures by Asti sculptress Claudia Formica (Nizza Monferrato 1903 – Turin 1987), whose head of a little girl came to the museum with the third, and last, Premio Alfieri.