HALL OF DELLEANI

1_13_sala_delleani

The spacious room has a pair of overdoor works by Giovanni Michele Graneri (Turin 1708 – 1762), The Polenta Frier and Soothsayer, and Card Players Brawling (1750s).

A third item, on the right wall, by Anacleto Laretto (Grana 1874 – Asti 1950), is the copy of Players and The Meeting between St Philip Neri and St Felix of Cantalice, by Graneri (1756).

The ceiling is decorated with corner stucco work with fringed volutes, and also has a Murano glass chandelier, made in the 20th century with 18th-century components.

The gray marble fireplace is topped by one of the 18th-century pier glasses found in the two subsequent rooms (20th century purchases).

The walls are hung with a spectacular painting by Lorenzo Delleani (Pollone 1840 – Turin 1908), The Pilgrimage to Oropa (Spes Nostra Salve) (1896); three 18th-century canvases by Giovanni Michele Graneri (Jesus Chases the Merchants from the Temple and the Wedding of Cana, dated 1756;

Players with the Meeting between St Philip Neri and St Felix of Cantalice, 1754); lastly, the equestrian portrait by an Asti painter of Victor Amadeus II of Savoy, with a lovely carved frame.